Here’s our best direct route to one of our favorite places.
- Take 151 out of Madison to 26 near Waupun.
- Stay on 26 to just south of Oshkosh.
- Take 41 north all the way to the border of Michigan between Marinette and Menominee. If you want to stop off for a while in Green Bay, Bay Beach has been recommended to us by friends at Pastors Seminar who used to live in Wisconsin. It includes a very inexpensive midway of rides.
- Well into Menominee, watch carefully for a right vere onto 35. 41 continues north; 35 goes northeast along the lake towards Escanaba.
- In Escanaba, 35 joins routes 2 and 41 for a 15-mile four-lane stretch. Stay on 2 going east out of Rapid River.
- Soon after Epoufette and Cut River bridge, and before Brevort, watch for Worth Rd. and turn left onto it.
- Follow Worth Rd. due east until it ends at M-123. Go right on M-123 until it ends at I-75.
Go north on I-75 just a few miles toward Sault Ste. Marie (the “Soo”, second oldest European settlement in North America).
- Take the very next exit onto M-134 east. (Don’t miss it, as there aren’t any more until the Soo.)
M-134 stretches across the southern shore of the Eastern Upper Peninsula along Lake Huron. Continue through Hessel and Cedarville and past the dolomite quarry.
- Turn right into the west entrance of Cedar Campus for the Old Mill Point site. (If you’re needing to go directly to the Mariners Cove site, proceed instead one mile further east on M-134 to the east entrance.) Go slowly along the one-mile gravel road to the Welcome Center by the parking lot.
You can map Cedar Campus by searching Google Maps or other services for 1128 S Cedar Campus Dr – the physical address of the Welcome Center office at Old Mill Point.
While you’re there, please say hello to our friends and fellow InterVarsity staff. Godspeed – jdata